Ice Cream Man

While I was in Form 1, I used to stay at my Tok's house after school.

Almost everyday, at around 3 o clock, we could hear ringing of the familiar ice cream bell.

"Ting ting ting!"

An old man wearing a sun-battered fisherman's hat, pushes his creaky bicycle, slowly approaching Tok's house. He had a dark complexion and clearly wrinkled due to his age. 

My siblings and my cousins would scramble to search for their remaining pocket money. 

Most of the time, Tok was the one treating us with icecream hehe. We're spoilt grandchildren.


There are cheap 20 sen popsicles, ice cream bread and ice cream cone. A very common treat here. 

The old ice cream man would scoop the icecream shakily- he was already past 80 years old but still strong enough to ride a bicycle with the metal ice cream box.

Now, he could no longer be seen around Tok's area.

I wonder how he is today, maybe dead maybe alive. 

*draw je malas nak rompak gmbr orang*

Comments

Popular Posts