GROUP WORK



1 December 2016
Bismilllah. I can’t believe I dedicated this post for this issue. It’s one of the major issues during my first semester of first year in degree.  It’s really hard when groupmates do not give their best commitment. When I asked around, “Is it a common problem in degree life?” “Biasa la tu. You have to do what you have to do. Not everyone is committed.” 

I actually spent my precious tears on this issue haha, for a person like me, crying is very rareeee. At this one time, we need to submit the assignment on Friday. On Thursday, three of my groupmates were already outside of UIA and heading to their homes and vilage. It was before mid-semester break.  I was fasting actually that day, waiting for food at Evoke café when suddenly at around 7 pm, I received a message from Madam. Earlier, I had messaged Madam to ask something about the assignment.  So in the reply, Madam asked me to meet her in her room, as she was still around in the office. But Madam wanted a printed version of the assignment, I only had shots in the Photo gallery in my phone. So, I had to run back to mahallah to print because it was in my laptop. And then went to IRK building, where Madam’s room is. 

So during Maghrib, I was alone at Madam’s room to consult. Actually, it was also my fault because I forgot to tell the others that Madam wanted to say something about the pamphlet (aku pun dah kalut time tu). I knocked, Madam was praying, I haven’t yet. And of course, I was hungry. I wasn’t sure when Madam’s going back and I had already promised Madam that I will be there in 15 minutes. So yeah, I consulted and Madam said we need to redo our assignment, “overhaul”. The next day is the submission. So after that, I prayed at the masjid and just need some alone-time. Stres gila. 

Alhamdulillah, there was another groupmate which is in the same mahallah who helped me get it done through the night. Actually, there was a series of issues before that; never-full-discussion  and when they submitted their parts for compilation, I cannot understand what they are writing about. Discussions are important to make sure everyone understands and to expand and mature the idea etc. Please take note. 
 
However, there’s always a nice part behind all the suffering. During presentation, Madam didn’t argue anything about our presentation or points as she always do that actually to other earlier groups. She said, “Well understood. Thank you.”, she said with a smile. Simple words but satisfying enough for me. All those sweat and tears paid off.*kesat air mata* 

There is always a silver lining. Just be patient and persevere. Problems won’t  end, we are the ones who need to learn how to cope. And I’m still finding my way.

Comments

Popular Posts