Baby Steps to Understand al-Quran



Bismillah.
Every Ramadan, there is always a call to read one Juz a day; 30 days and you’ll finish the whole Quran in a month. I won’t deny, it’s a good call but wouldn’t it be much better if we get to understand and implement what we are reciting?
I found a few tools that help me to understand the Quran from home. Yes, it would be best to learn al-Quran directly, face to face with a teacher, but with my own limitations in travelling here and there, these are the best that I can afford for now.
1.       Nouman Ali Khan’s lectures
-These are my favourite ones as they can be easily-accessed through Youtube, Bayyinah website and also podcasts.

i. Ramadan Exclusive 2016 Series
This Ramadan Ustaz Nouman focuses on Surah al-Baqarah, ayah by ayah. With his knowledge in Arabic language, it’s amazing to discover the miracles behind words that Allah had chosen to place in the Quran. He’ll be explaining a few ayahs thoroughly in a duration of one hour and so. I like his way of making the Quran very relatable to our daily life, and make us see that Allah is speaking with us. It is easier to listen through Muslim Central Nouman Ali Khan on Apple Podcasts actually, but you can try to watch it at Bayyinah website too ( https://www.bayyinah.org/).

ii. Get-To-Know – Ramadan 2016
(Quran Weekly Channel on Youtube)
Ustaz Nouman explains about the overview of the Surah~ “walks through the surah”.
Link: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLHPW7nn9Wmb4NhafhzF_qBQR1uQ_p9p_H

iii. Quranic Gems, Reminders from Juz 1 to 30   
(Quran Weekly Channel on Youtube)
These videos were launched in 2013 and are much shorter than lectures from Ramadan Series 2016. Each video is about 3 to 5 minutes long. He picked an ayah from each juz and explained briefly about the ayah in a video. The links are still viral on Whatsapp this 2016 Ramadan.

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pt9fUcL8njY&list=PLFP6-6Ao4FMm5FnIT9QvstEmhWNugJlNO

2.       The Power of the Al-Quran by Amru Khalid
It gives an overview and explains the correlation between surahs and ayahs in the Quran. I got it for RM 70+- at Seminar Ibrah Wanita dalam Al-Quran, not sure who’s the one selling it. But she’s an Indonesian and the book is in Indonesian language. I don’t have the book now so I’ll check the publisher later.

3.       Tafsir Azhar by Hamka
I borrowed it from Maktok’s collection, she got the full whole series. I’m not sure where she bought them, but I think it was not from Malaysia. As far as I know, you can buy Jilid 1 from PTS Publication. Libraries also have them; (setakat yang pernah jenguk, library CFS & maktabah DQ jelah nak xD). However, Hamka also inserts Israiliyat stories so that we know it’s Israiliyat when we encounter them one day. So, I have to read this one slowly and carefully.

I don’t know much but I’m trying with what I have access too. So sapa yang ada peluang belajar tafsir berguru tu, belajar leklok! Ada orang lain teringin nak dapat peluang yang anda dapat. Semoga kita dapat sentiasa mengekalkan hafazan al-Quran, memahaminya, amalkan dan sampaikan  kepada orang lain. Peace wassalam.

Comments

Popular Posts